Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Han

I like places that are simple and I like places that serve simple food. So it breaks my heart to write this following. Han, don't you know that first impressions are forever, you don't get a second chance.

The first thing you notice walking in the door is a horrific stench coming from the direction of the mens room, not a good start for a dining adventure. Contrary to my previous statement I did give them a second chance. See, even though it was smelly, the food was good and the service friendly, if not little awkward, the first time around.

But then ...the second time I was proven right, they proved me right. First impressions matter, we should trust our gut feelings and heuristic rules are thousands of years old.

I ended up sitting for 20 minutes with no drinks or the menu for that matter. Only after aggressively going after it myself was I able to wrestle the god damn thing away from the staff.

Then I waited for another 35 minutes before the food arrived and sure some of it was not bad, but by this point it did not matter anymore. Verdict was made - thumbs down, toes down and just about everything down.

Now on top of everything I can't include a link to their web site. Guess what? It's broken. Go figure...Maybe that's what was stinking up their toilet.

No comments: