Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cooking Pretty - The Worst Offenders in Tallinn.

I'm quoting Anthony Bourdain - possibly the coolest guy who's ever held a Sabatier blade and an absolute definitely in a hypothetical "If you could have five people over for dinner":

"When I hear 'artist', I think of someone who doesn't think it necessary to show up at work on time. More often than not their efforts, convinced as they are of their own genius, are geared more to giving themselves a hard-on than satisfying the great majority of dinner customers. Personally I'd prefer to eat food that tastes good and is honest reflection of its ingredients, than a 3-foot-tall caprice constructed from lemon grass, lawn trimmings, coconuts and red curry. You could lose an eye trying to eat that."

Here they are, where style kicks substances ass on a daily base :

Bocca

Ö

Horisont


Museum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I over precise post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to review the unscathed story.

joejoe said...

I agree on every restaurant you mention, except on Horisont. I've bee twice in the last year and I have to say that it is probably rhe ONLY upscale restaurant in Tallinn where they use upscale ingredients. I do not mind to pay above average to get fresh fish I cannot get in the market or some pan fried foie. Interesting enough, all the other venues you mention are owned by the same people.