Friday, July 4, 2008

Cafe Pushkin

Quite possibly the ugliest eating establishment in town and get this, the building it's in - is beautiful and the space gorgeous. So what's left, it's the furnishings and design, well in fact - the total lack of design. You walk in the door and seems you have stepped into a time machine and traveled for a decade or two.

So why am I talking about this place? It's a single dish. They call it on their menu :
Fried potatos and mushrooms and bacon. Yes it's simple, sautéed bacon with mushrooms and home-fries. It is delicious though. Absolutely perfect. Every time I sit down at Cafe Pushkin I tell myself, this time you gotta get something else, but it just doesn't work out that way. Absolutely perfect.

I'm sure their other dishes are lovely and right now you can sit out-side, not see the ugliness and people-watch.(One of the very few places in Tallinn suitable for this activity). So hey, bacon anybody?

No comments: