Monday, July 28, 2008

Rooftops of Tallinn - Lounge 24 & Terrace of Vertigo

This was a fun night. Somebody came up with an idea that we should go somewhere high up and since there were no other suggestions, that's what we did. It turned out to be an excellent idea.

We started with the rooftop of SAS Radisson Hotel. The place is called Lounge 24 and the weather was good, the view even better and the company - good friends = excellent.

I had a salmon wrap and a fresh salad. The wrap was pretty damn good, but seriously on the small side. The salad was indeed fresh and except for the fact that they forgot to toast the pignoli nuts really enjoyable. Pignoli nuts untoasted are just an addition of protein, not taste. Still like I said I liked my dinner.

My friends were split down the middle when it came to a verdict. The salad with roasted duck got a thumbs up, but a Caesar's thumbs down. Well really, it was Iceberg lettuce. Desserts were a big hit. For whatever reason I skipped them, so I truly shouldn't say anything.

Now to the service. The girl waiting on us absolutely hated doing that, hated being there, hated her job and quite possibly hated us. Even that did not ruin the experience.

The night was young and we decided to walk across the street for drinks. Vertigo's terrace is way lower than the top of the neighboring hotel, but the views are still great. We were lounging on the couches enjoying the setting sun. Beautiful.

So we went for the Mojitos and staying with Cuban feel I decided to order a nice cigar. I was pleasantly surprised, after checking their menu, that they had my favorites - Monte Cristo #2's. EXCEPT...they had just had a party who smoked all of them. Hmmm...OK, I'm not saying anything. So I opted for a Cohiba Robusto. It was not well kept, the wrapper was broken in at least three places. But guess what, another Moijto or two and the still setting sun raised my tolerance to an unheard of level.

Beautiful.



P.S. At some point I also had dessert at Vertigo's terrace - NY style raspberry cheesecake. Nothing about it was New York Style, but it was good - real good.

No comments: