Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sushicat



Heard some buzz on Facebook, was bored and decided to try it out. Before I went, I quickly checked out the web site and I have to give to them, Sushicat has one of the coolest looking restaurant sites in town. Couldn't really figure out why the menu opens as a pdf, but other than that it seems like they know what they're trying to accomplish.

I'm afraid that's where the good stops. Bad sushi, bad service, bad drink selection, bad everything. I did like the enthusiasm of the owner, unfortunately it did not carry over to the waiting staff. I do get the whole manga is cool and so on and I couldn't care less that the place is done cheaply. I get it, cheap place with sushi for hard times, but still...even in bad times you don't want to admit that you have to eat bad.

So here, I went for this:


But ended up with this:

6 comments:

Juc said...

So sad to read, theat Sushicat is not as great as the website (btw, the pdf menu also made me wonder)! It's so close to my home and it was so nice to think that there's a quick and cheap sushiplace in 5 min walk :(. Have to try it anyway!

Ron Simson said...

Just so you know, they have maki rolls with canned tuna, that was a first for me

Unknown said...

I have been there several times and I believe that the relation price/quality was actually ok. Sushi is kind of a luxury meal, If you go to seeking for a more sophisticated sushi in Tallinn it will border easily the 200+ EEK; in Sushicat you can get some decent several sushi selection for 75 EEK, plus free tea and soup.

Ron Simson said...

Thanks Manuel, I have not been back for a really long time, maybe it's time to give them another try

Anonymous said...

canned tuna? i know they have grilled fresh salmon. did not find any canned tuna. strange...

Ron Simson said...

I was put off by the canned tuna the week they opened, it seems that maybe they got their act together, so I should visit again