Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In Studio Vinum New Menu



New menu is always exciting. For many so are the so called SilverSpoons and In Studio Vinum got couple of them this time around. Anyway...I've always liked the place. Not really the place, mainly the food and wine and Imre for making truthful and unpretentious recommendations.

So I went. Had pâté with a salad. It was delicious, salad fresh and the pâté rich. Tasted duck fat and maybe some bacon. Then followed with a classic Coq au vin and this was real good. Maybe I personally prefer the sauce little fruitier. I'm not even sure if that's the right description for the sensation that the taste buds take to the cortex, but hey that's the best I got. The accompanying risotto could've also been little cheesier, but don't get me wrong everything was real good plus the new prices seem to go little better with the times.

Recommended wine was good as usual and I love that you can ask for a recommended pairing without having to ask for the price. They are not out there to take advantage of you, so step in and let Imre and Allar take care of you.



No comments: