Thursday, March 26, 2009

MUSI

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG......................OMG. Sounding like a tween girl who's just discovered a ghost fan-site for naked pictures of Robert Pattinson is TOTALLY unintentional. I just can't help myself - Oh My God. "SEAFOOD NIGHT" at MUSI, two Fridays ago, still not fully recovered. That's how bad it was and I didn't even get sick.

Other than the great company I kept that night, everything else was borderline psychotic Japanese slasher-horror-armageddon-somethingelse movie-like. Well that's not true, that one Oyster did taste alright. One oyster out of 15, plus shrimp, plus scallops, plus sardines, plus mussels, plus clams, plus KULDKOGER( I will get back to this one in a minute). Not exactly a respectable batting average there. So we had everything and a lot of wine and here comes the thumbs-up for MUSI, wine was not priced greedily. See - I can give an objective evaluation to any kind of eating establishment.

Bad service, over-cooked shrimp, oysters that died of natural causes ( some of them confused and searching for elephant graveyards), scallops sliced and diced to make them look like there's a lot and...... over-cooked, bad mussels, bad clams, bad everything. None of it bad in a fresh way.

Bad service meaning this time that we had to ask for cutlery then napkins then wine then a wine cooler then ice for the wine cooler and so on. I do get it that they are trying to be niche in a "we don't even try to be a real restaurant" type of way, but for some reason they think that I still need to be a real customer with real money. I really should have brought "Monopoly" money with me. It's perfect for occasions like this.

Now, I saved the best for last. KULDKOGER, KULDKOGER. Man, there's nothing like terribly undercooked white fish in the culinary world. It is the equivalent of getting plague in the 21st century. There's no need for it, nobody does it and it almost never happens. That's not it and this was the first for me. My friend announced in an apologizing manner that eating this dish the way it is, is just unthinkable and sent it back to the kitchen. By the way, that was the very first time, ever.

The same half-eaten fish was put back in a oven, then back on the same plate and then was brought back to the table.
THE END.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post (as usual) and very useful info. I was recently at Musi and just had wine and the cheese plate. Musi is great for a date but don't order anything else other than wine and cheese! :)

Ron Simson said...

correctomundo