Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bangkok

This place is in the basement - really dark basement. In case you didn't know, I'm no big fan of basements and I think that a slight case of claustrophobia is nothing to be ashamed of.

They do have pretty good soups and Pad Thai noodles are as good as they get outside of Thailand or some place that has a considerable Thai community. Obviously Tallinn is not one of them.

Interior of Bangkok is OK, just OK, no more, but also no less. I guess it's a modern take on "I'm surrounded by bamboo". I would have to say the biggest surprise about this restaurant is it's door. It can easily be considered a cumbersome piece of machinery. I don't see myself as a weakling, but I have trouble with it every once in a while.

All together dining experience over here can be quite enjoyable, as long as you stay away from the curries. Too soupy, not spicy enough and just lacking character. It's not like this is a challenge or anything, but I myself prepare a pretty mean Panang curry. OK enough of blowing my own horn, since I actually have something else to add.

It could be just a coincidence, but at least twice I've walked to their door and they've been closed without any advance warning on their web-site. Plus today when I called to order take-out, somebody proudly announced over the phone that they are closed for shooting a movie.

But I was hungry, so a fair warning.

No comments: